DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY
This statement demonstrates Gateway of Asia Pte Ltd commitment to respect your privacy on this website and to manage, protect and process your personal data. This Data Protection Policy outlines how your personal data will be managed in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the “Act”) which strives to protect personal data of individuals. Please take a moment to read this Data Protection Policy so that you know and understand the purposes for which we may collect, use and/or disclose your personal data.
As used in this Data Protection Policy, “personal data” means data to any data or information about you from which you can be identified either (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
Personal data that we collect from you includes but is not limited to:
- Full name;
- NRIC, passport or other identification number;
- Contact details (including address, telephone number, e-mail address);
- Personal Details (Gender, Date of Birth, Nationality, Country and City of Birth, Marital Status, Religion, Race/Dialect, Details of Next-of-Kin);
- Personal and professional details contained in your curriculum vitae when you apply to us for a job (Employment references, Professional Qualifications, Training History, Educational Qualifications and Certifications, Salary Information and Bank Account Information);
- Performance assessments and disciplinary records;
- Medical records; and
- Other information relating to you which you have provided to us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or in other forms of interaction with you.
PURPOSES FOR THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE
Personal information and data may be collected, used or disclosed to third parties where necessary for the following purposes:
- To provide, operate and administer Gateway of Asia Pte Ltd products/services, or to process applications for Gateway of Asia Pte Ltd products/services
- To provide product-related services and support
- To process job applications, recruitment and selection
- To perform background verification checks and reference checks for verification of your identity for employment purposes.
- To process employment passes of our employees with the relevant government agencies
- To process employment pass applications of our employees and customer’s employees with the relevant government agencies
- To process all administrative and human resources related matters within our organisation, including administering payroll, granting access to our premises and computer systems, processing leave applications, administering your insurance and other benefits, processing claims and expenses, investigating any acts or defaults (or suspected acts or defaults) and developing human resource policies
- For managing and terminating our employment relationship with you, including monitoring your internet access and your use of our intranet email to investigate potential contraventions of our internal or external compliance regulations, and resolving any employment related grievances
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To facilitate operational processes including but not limited to statistical analysis
- To deliver customised experiences that meet your needs and preferences
- To perform internal management, operate management information systems, and conduct internal and external audits
- To monitor electronic communications and calls with customers for record management quality control and training
- To enforce or defend the rights of Gateway of Asia Pte Ltd, its employees and directors
- To comply with any applicable regulations, code of practice, rules and laws or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any form of governmental and/or regulatory authority
- Any other incidental business purpose related to or in connection with the above
- To provide employee/subcontractor’s employees with security clearance at project sites
- To provide security clearance, verify the identity of visitors and contact tracing at Gateway of Asia’s office
(hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Purposes”).
Should there be any need to use your personal information and data for any other purposes, Gateway of Asia Pte Ltd will notify you and obtain prior permission and consent.
By providing personal data relating to a third party (e.g. spouse, children, parents, referees and/or employees), the individual shall represent and warrant that prior consent is obtained from such third party for the collection, use or disclosure of personal data.
CONSEQUENCES OF NOT CONSENTING AND/OR PROVIDING PERSONAL DATA NECESSARY FOR TRANSACTION/SERVICE/APPLICATION
Please be noted that should you not consent and provide us with the relevant personal data to fulfil the “Purposes” of collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by Gateway of Asia, it may hinder our ability to continue to interact with you.
For Job applicants: We may not be able to make a decision on your suitability for recruitment and employment or comply with the law and therefore, we may not be able to make an offer of employment.
For Gateway of Asia Employees: We may not be able to fulfil the Purposes listed in the Personal Data Protection Policy, Section 4.2.1.
For Customers: We may not be able to perform our obligations under or in connection with your contract of employment with us or facilitate the scope of services stated in the Letter of Engagement.
For visitors to Gateway of Asia Office: We may not be able to allow you to enter the office premises
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your Personal Data as set out in this Data Protection Policy, you may write to our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please understand that your withdrawal of consent for all of the purposes necessary to Gateway of Asia fulfilling our contractual duties towards you or facilitating your request or providing our services to you may carry consequences. We will review and inform you on the consequences of the withdrawal prior to processing your request.
Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data pursuant to an exception under the PDPA or as required/authorised under any other written law.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function if you remove cookies from your browser.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We are committed to maintaining the security of personal information according to the Personal Data Protection Act. We have implemented appropriate information security and technical measures (such as encryption, firewalls and secure network protocols) to safeguard your personal information such as the misuse; destruction; unauthorised alteration/modification, access, disclosure; or similar risks to minimise the risk of brute force attacks on our website.
We have also put in place reasonable and appropriate organisational measures to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of your personal data and will only share your data with authorised persons on a ‘need to know’ basis.
When we engage third-party data processors to process personal data on our behalf, we will ensure that they provide sufficient guarantees to us to have implemented the necessary organisational and technical security measures and have taken reasonable steps to comply with these measures (as required under the PDPA).
TRANSFER OF DATA
Where applicable, your Personal Data may be stored in external servers located overseas. In addition, as described above, in the course of our business operation needs, we may be required, from time to time, to transfer your Personal Data with and between our related corporations and/or organisations and their affiliates, and third-party service providers, some of which may be located in countries outside of Singapore. The personal data transfer will be in accordance with requirements prescribed under the PDPA or applicable data protection law to ensure that organization provide a standard of protection to personal data.
HOW WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have a document retention policy that keeps track of the retention schedules of the personal data you provide us, in paper or electronic forms. We will not retain any of your personal data when it is no longer need for any business or legal purposes.
We will dispose of or destroy such documents containing your personal data in a proper and secure manner when the retention limit is reached.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND UPDATING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
Subject to the exceptions referred to in section 21(2) of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012) of Singapore (“PDPA”), you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact us at the email address found on this website. We may make charge a reasonable fee for processing your request. Such a fee depends on the nature and complexity of your access request.
We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information you have provided to Gateway of Asia Pte Ltd changes, for example, if you change your name, email address or payment details, please update us with the correct information by sending an email to email@example.com. You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we may think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate. Where we are satisfied on reasonable grounds that a correction should be made, we will correct the data as soon as possible, or within 30 days from the date we receive your request.
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to third parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, as long as these parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours and others’ rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
SALE OF BUSINESS
If Gateway of Asia Pte Ltd’s business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective buyers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
HOW TO CONTACT US